- Posted by agency-it
- On August 9, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Best Strains for Sleep, Cannabis Strains for Insomnia, Cannabis Strains for Sleep, high cbd content
People with difficulty sleeping often turn to cannabis for help in their fight against insomnia. For many, cannabis is an effective way to wind down at the end of the day, relaxing both body and mind. Whether you’re looking to ease pain or stop your mind from racing, you might be ready to find the best cannabis strain for sleep.
Finding the Best Strains for Sleep
It’s important to consider many aspects of your cannabis strain, edible, or other product when you have a specific goal (like sleep) in mind. Here are a few things to consider as you choose your perfect nighttime cannabis strain:
- Edibles may be a good option, especially when your biggest problem is staying asleep throughout the entire night. Since edibles normally take about an hour to kick in, you’ll have to take that into account as you prepare for bed. The great thing about edibles for sleep is that they last a long time, which can help you sleep longer.
- Consider strains with high CBD content. A lot of people have found success taking CBD to fight insomnia, so strains with higher levels of it might help you feel calm and ready for bed.
- Unlike CBD, THC may not help you get to sleep. This is especially true if high-THC cannabis strains normally make your mind race, or if anxiety is the thing that stops you from sleeping. THC is psychoactive, so large doses of it can make your mind wander instead of settling into sleep.
- Ask your budtender. A dispensary employee with great product knowledge will likely be able to tell you which strains from their dispensary menu have been most useful for helping people get to sleep.
- Experiment with different strains. Cannabis affects everyone differently, so your friend’s favorite nighttime strain might not work the same for you. Consider trying a few different options to see which one is the best strain for you personally.
What Are the Best Strains for Sleep?
Even though everyone’s perfect strain for sleep may be different, there are a few options that seem to work well for most people. Here are a few of the strains our customers have loved for insomnia:
- Star Killer – This strain is renowned for helping people relax, especially if they’re under a lot of stress or in physical pain. It’s strong, so start with a small amount so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- GG #4 – GG #4 is also called Gorilla Glue, which is fitting because it can definitely get you stuck in bed. There may be some psychedelic euphoria with larger doses, but people report that they quickly settle into sleepiness.
- Chem Penny – This strain is high in CBD, which makes it great at soothing people into sweet dreams. You may want to enjoy a large bedtime snack as your stress melts away, then climb under the covers for a deep snooze.
- Orange Juice Kush – Orange Juice is normally a morning drink, but Orange Juice Kush makes a terrific nighttime smoke. A lot of people like to smoke this strain about 30 minutes or an hour before bedtime so they can enjoy a short period of focus before succumbing to deep relaxation.
Find Top Strains for Insomnia at Options Medical Center Dispensary
We at Options Medical Center have locations in both Wheat Ridge and Boulder, and you can find great strains for sleep on either dispensary menu. Check our selection online, or stop by to shop in person. Our experienced budtenders will help you explore the entire menu to find the best cannabis strain, edible, or concentrates for sleep.